Saturday, July 8, 2017

Gorgeous Kokeshi Dolls

My second post as Sunday guest designer for Vera Lane Studios and I get to play with this gorgeous set of images. It was such fun!

I have used Sakura from Kokeshi Dolls and supersized her (she is just over 4 inches tall). I wanted flowers on her kimono so I took the lone flower that comes with the set and copied and pasted it onto her kimono several times. I coloured her with Copics and then fussy cut. The flowers at the corner are also the lone flower from the set but I have grouped three together this time. Coloured and fussy cut.  I couldn't find a nice patterned paper for the image so I have again taken the three flowers used at the corner, reduced the size and copied and pasted to make my own background. I have coloured them to match Sakura.  The sentiment is also from the set.

This set is so versatile, head over to VeraLaneStudio now and get a set for yourself.

Thanks for looking and I hope I have inspired you to create

Lin xx

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful work, Linda. Love that you made your own background paper and decorated her kimono. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I can't wait to try these new images myself... Roll on the school holidays, Jo x

    ReplyDelete